Future Holidays is looking for a Front-End Developer who is creative, motivated, organized and inquisitive.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to transform designs (e.g. Sketch & Figma) into code for WordPress & Shopify
- Write structured, well-organized and reusable code
- Inspect and troubleshoot bugs and other QA issues
- Keep abreast of best practices/trends/tools
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Required Skills & Experience
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Proficiency with Invision, Sketch, Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to code a theme from scratch in Shopify
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive design
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Ability to self manage and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- A good eye for design and great attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of UX design
- A portfolio of live projects
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress & Shopify
You’ll get bonus points if you…
- Experience with one or more of following Vue/React
- Experience using build tools like Webpack, Gulp, Rollup
- Are experienced with Python, Ruby or PHP (and their respective frameworks)
- React JS experience
- Shopify Plus & Shopify’s API experience
- Design skills!
This is a contract-to-hire position, starting as part-time for the first 3-6 months. If you are interested in this position, please apply below.
**Please note, you will be required to take a development test as part of your application.